Hello, Smiling Faces!
We are officially in 2020! I was in my meditation zone this morning and thought to send some encouragement your way. Journaling is a way of life for me. Over the last couple of years, I participated in a few journaling challenges and hosted a few classes. I am actually participating in a challenge right now.
Many are jotting down goals and dreams to embark on this year. There is POWER in your thoughts! Journaling is more than just a diary. It allows for reflection, channeling thoughts and ideas, or to simply be grateful. I journal ALL the time! I have so many journals that I call myself the Journaling Guru! A journal for every aspect of my life.
When you start to write, whether reflecting on where you want to be in five years or something you are trying to overcome, it allows for reflection. Most of the time, I am journaling on gratitude – although, I do have those journals for success moments, prayer time, goals and dreams. Be thankful on paper. It allows for you to see how blessed you are, when you may feel you are not on the right track. I journal highlights of my day, dreams bubbling in my mind, places to visit, family moments, friendships, milestones achieved and challenges that may come my way.
Do you like to journal? Most think of journaling as another task, project or homework assignment, but I view it as memorable experiences, expressing those difficult challenges, expressing gratitude and those AHA Moments! In most cases, you are giving up only around 20-30 minutes daily, (of that boring TV Show) to focus on YOU. I started journaling extensively, after my brother was murdered in 2013. It allowed for me to express in great detail my feelings. They were all over the place. Sad times, angry moments and memories we shared. Now, it is a way of life for me. One that I ENJOY, that changed MY LIFE!
Here are a few benefits of journaling:
1. Reduce Stress. Free yourself from emotional stress and self-doubt. Write yourself a letter.
2. Creativity. When you start to journal, you start writing what you feel, or may even spark a creative task you may be considering. Take note of the thoughts you encounter on a daily basis.
3. Know Yourself Better. By writing, this allows for you to know what makes you feel happy and confident. You will also become more aware on what matters most. Self-Reflection is good.
4. Increase Your Writing Skills. The best way to improve your writing, is to write.
5. Stay Organized/Achieve Your Goals. Planning to Paper is key. Write down your ambitions and aspirations, so you can monitor your progress and motivate yourself.
So, my challenge to you is to purchase a journal today. If you are new to journaling, start by journaling twice a week. There are many colors, inspirational sayings, and prices to fit any budget. Much cheaper than a pair of shoes! Start today and enjoy journaling to a new way of life!