Hello, Smiling Faces!
Happy 3rd Anniversary, SRD Mentoring & Coaching!! Did I just say that?! Wow…Time flies! Three years ago, I decided to take a leap of faith. It was the best decision I ever made. I dreamed about this for soooo many years, but gave myself many excuses, why I couldn’t make it happen. I was helping others build their dreams with their organizations, but fearful to take the steps to accomplish my own. With God and faith, anything is possible!
Today, I feel AWESOME! I am truly living and fulfilling my purpose. Over the past three years, I’ve partnered with organizations, volunteered my services, served my clients and provided resources for my business to grow. Creativity is key! THANK YOU, to my previous and current clients for allowing me to assist in making your goals and dreams come true. Being a small businesss entrepreneur, with a demanding career and family, takes hard work and dedication. Having a balanced life is key.
These past three years, I’ve learned a lot about entrepreneurship. How to deal with clients, how to give and receive feedback professionally, overcoming challenges and barriers, and how to invest in growing my small business. I don’t have all the answers, but below are a few tips for those considering embarking on a new business endeavor or starting a small business.
- Be Grateful. In all things be grateful for your journey. The small wins and the big wins. A grateful attitude is a magnet for miracles. Being grateful is an excellent characteristic of leadership. Start a gratitude journal. It will allow for you to maintain positivity even on those trying days, where business may be stagnant. Journaling allowed for me to write down my business goals and plans, which increased my determination and focus to achieve them.
- Take Risks. If you don’t take that leap of faith, you will never know the depths you can achieve. Successful entrepreneurship involves taking risks…and a lot of them. It involves planning, strategy and hard work. The scary part is that you don’t know if the risk will pay off, but if you want your business to be successful, risks are necessary. Failure will be apart of your journey. It allows for growth and opportunities. Risks allows for you to think and be innovated.
- Be Creative. Again, creativity is key! You will hear me say this many times. I am always looking for ways to improve my business and stand out from my competition. Rome was not built in a day. Be intentional with your creativity. “When Passion Meets Purpose” workshops, provided me with an avenue to be creative and successful. Four “Sold Out” city stops and looking forward to many more. Thank You for your support.
- Serve Others. If you have a service or product, you are serving others. This should be your primary focus. Service to your clients should always be top priority, on purpose. Your business mission, vision, blue print or plan, should be centered around serving others. I serve my clients through mentoring and coaching services, books and product offerings. I am always making decisions and offering suggestions. If you are in business, you are asking for a financial return, in exchange for your time and energy, BUT money should not be your ultimate goal of being in business. If so, the days of financial lack, will decrease your effort and focus. Your focus should be in ensuring you are maximizing the clients experience. If your heart for business is there, the financial aspect will come, and be much greater than you expected. Referrals are your biggest blessing!
- Be Humble, Be Humble. Yes, I intentionally said it twice. We all will make mistakes in business ownership. We all have that over excitement of growth and prosperity. Everybody falls down in some point in life. Embracing humility is true self-awareness. Be able to recognize your mistakes, apologize and move forward with growth. You are not perfect. Always treat people the way you would want to be treated. Humble yourself.
These five tips provided growth and avenues for me to be successful. We all have our own clear definition of succsss; based on our individual vision, goals, plans and achievements. I also use these pointers in my everyday life. I have so much more to learn and always willing to be a student.
Again, I truly appreciate ALL your support! Be on the look out for some exciting news in the coming months! Can’t wait to share!
Invest in yourself. Invest in your business. Serve others.
Living My Best Life…On PURPOSE!