Welcome New Blog Followers!
I am sure there are many, many individuals (Like Me) with commitments, family/career balance, and wondering how to manage it all….At Once! My first priority is my family. Time management, balance, and rest are all very important, when tackling day to day tasks.
Like most; early mornings and late evenings, with so many demands can be overbearing. There has to be some balance and most importantly, time management. If not, you will fall apart. Poor preparation can lead to unfinished projects, unnecessary stress, and lack of rest.
Below, are a few tips to help you balance time management:
1. Plan Your Day. Early morning meditation is a great way to start your day. Take some time at the beginning of each week to reflect and write down what is important for each day. This includes family activities, tasks, projects, work travel, etc. Try your best to stick to your daily agenda for that particular day. Some things are beyond your control and must be a priority.
2. Learn to say NO. You cannot be apart of everything and do everything. Set some boundaries.
3. Turn OFF the Television. Some shows can be recorded to watch at a later date. Be mindful of what you are pouring into your spirit and your mind.
4. Exercise and Rest. Be alert.
5. Work Smarter, Not Harder. Prioritize your daily tasks, completing those important projects first. Not every request is an emergency.
Finding enjoyment for your sanity is key. Allow some time for personal quietness, reflection, journaling, and a great spa day!