Welcome New Blog Followers!
Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend! Over the past few days, I’ve had many conversations with friends and colleagues on work-life balance and time management. I am often asked, how I manage to juggle so much with an upbeat personality. The truth be told, it is time management and balance.
Like most, I have a family, very busy career, personal business and a new book release…..and always in need of some “ME” time! There has to be some balance and most importantly, time management. If not, you will fall apart. Poor preparation can lead to unfinished projects and unnecessary stress. I thought about a recent blog post I shared many months ago and decided to expand with a few added tips.
Below, I’ve noted a few tips to help you balance time management:
1. Plan Your Day. Early morning meditation is a great way to start your day. Take some time at the beginning of the week to reflect and write down what is important for each day. This includes family activities, tasks, projects, work travel, etc. Try your best to stick to your daily agenda for that particular day. Some things are beyond your control and must be a priority.
2. Learn to say NO. You cannot be apart of everything and do everything. Set some boundaries.
3. Turn OFF the Television. Some shows can be recorded to watch at a later date. Be mindful of what you are pouring into your spirit and your mind.
4. Exercise and Rest. Be alert. This is very essential to good health.
5. Work Smarter, Not Harder. Prioritize your daily tasks, completing those important projects first. Not every request is an emergency.
Know your goals and what is important. At the end of each day, take a few minutes to review daily tasks completed and what should be priority the next day. Eliminate distractions, clear the clutter and prioritize wisely.
Good time management is essential to your overall growth and success. Finding enjoyment for your sanity is key. Allow some time for personal quietness, reflection and a great spa day! Be open to opportunities and embrace your passion!