Welcome New Blog Followers!
Happy Spring! For most, it’s the perfect time to declutter your home, plant flowers or maybe you are in the midst of vacationing for Spring Break. On yesterday, I had a very good conversation with a close friend. A few things sparked my attention on changing my previously drafted blog post to this topic. I am sure there are so many individuals, with tons of activities, commitments, family/career balance and wondering how to manage it all. I’m often asked how I manage to juggle so much with an upbeat personality. The truth be told, it is time management and balance.
Like most, I have a family, very busy career, personal business and a new book release…..and always in need of some “ME” time! There has to be some balance and most importantly, time management. If not, you will fall apart. Poor preparation can lead to unfinished projects and unnecessary stress.
Below, I’ve noted a few tips to help you balance time management:
- Plan Your Day. Early morning meditation is a great way to start your day. Take some time at the beginning of the week to reflect and write down what is important for each day. This includes family activities, tasks, projects, work travel, etc. Try your best to stick to your daily agenda for that particular day. Some things are beyond your control and must be a priority.
- Learn to say NO. You cannot be apart of everything and do everything. Set some boundaries.
- Turn OFF the Television. Some shows can be recorded to watch at a later date. Be mindful of what you are pouring into your spirit and your mind.
- Exercise and Rest. Be alert.
- Work Smarter, Not Harder. Prioritize your daily tasks, completing those important projects first. Not every request is an emergency.
Finding enjoyment for your sanity is key. Allow some time for personal quietness, reflection and a great spa day! Be open to opportunities and embrace your passion!