Choose To Be Happy! Happiness comes from within. It’s choosing to be happy, despite any setbacks or struggles. I am a witness that life will cause you to be angry or upset, but at the end of the day are you going to waddle in it or choose to move forward? Happiness is a state of mind. Happy people choose to be happy, by focusing on the positive aspects of life. We all will face negative aspects from people, friends, coworkers and family, but you cannot allow them to make you unhappy. Are you pursing your goals or dreams or you just waiting for it to land in your lap? Go make HAPPY for you, inside and out. Be encouraging. SMILE.
I listen to many people say they will be happy once they land the dream job, get married, start their own business, receive that promotion, or their children go off to college. What you just placed on yourself, was the responsibility of people or things to make you happy. What if all that failed the day after your received it? Will you still be happy? Choose to be happy where you are. Maybe you need to change your outlook or perspective on life. Are you making wise choices? Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated 12 years of marriage! We had a wonderful day enjoying each other. Now, we didn’t wait for “that” day to enjoy each other, we learned that it takes 364 days to truly enjoy our marriage. You will have challenges, but you have to face those head on together.
Here are a few tips to be and remain happy:
- Count your blessings. If you are breathing life, you are blessed.
- Choose to be happy daily. Each morning wake up declaring your happiness for that day.
- SMILE. Smiling allows you to remove the frown. It sends signals of positive influence.
- Think before you speak. Embrace and practice positive self-discipline and words.
- Self Check. Always check yourself first. How is your energy around others? Are you encouraging or are your hindering? Treat and respect those in the way you would want to be treated.
Choose to to be happy. One simple action or thought can change your perspective.