Happy Sunday! This morning was surely a cool, crisp, fall morning, but by the middle of the day, temperatures slowly started to rise. Maybe some of you find yourself in this temperature change as it relates to your individual motivation. I can tell you it happens to us all, but the key is to ensure your lack of motivation doesn’t sour your ability to keep moving.
Motivation is the desire or willingness to do something. For example, if your goal is to lose 15 pounds in 6 months, your motivation should ensure you attend a fitness center or some elevated form of exercise, while eating healthy on a consistent basis. The key is to plan ahead with an exercise routine and meal preparation. Of course there will be days when unforeseen circumstances occur, but ensure you get right back on track. Now, I do not mean you divert from exercise to eat a huge bowl of ice cream and cake, but sometimes a work event can damper your exercise for that day. If it does, you can always find a quick 7-10 minute exercise routine on Pinterest. I LOVE Pinterest!
In many cases your energy level may be at zero or you are just not motivated at all. Life happens. Circumstances happen. The key is to attempt to remain motivated and positive. Below are a few tips to keep you on track:
- Set Goals. Start with a simple goal and then progress to longer range goals.
2. Make It Fun. You have to incorporate some enjoyment into keeping you motivated. Remain positive every step of the way.
3. Put It On Paper. If it is not on paper for you to see it, you will not be motivated.
4. Reward Yourself. Every step deserves a small reward.
5. Give It Time, Be Patient. This is easier said than done, but don’t expect quick results. Be happy with your progress even if it is small.
Motivation has to occur within. Monitor your thoughts and be aware of the negative thoughts you may be thinking. Success doesn’t happen overnight. To remain motivated, you must visualize the end result or goal as the greatest opportunity that you just mastered!