Summer is almost coming to an end; while the first day of school is nearly several weeks away. As I browse local shopping centers and department stores, the shelves are packed with school supplies and much more. I am sure the joy and happiness of summer activities, beach days and fun adventures has been an exciting one!
Hopefully, you’ve introduced fun reading , enrichment camps or some level of education to keep your child’s brain stimulated over the last couple of months. Here are a few tips to ensure you are well prepared for the first day of school:
1. Check out early registration dates and times for your child’s zoned school.
2. Start transitioning your child to early bed times before the first day of school.
3. Make sure your child’s immunization records are up to date.
4. Reading is fundamental. If you haven’t introduced a book to your child this summer, you still have time to get those brain cells moving.
5. Point out the positive aspects of starting a new school year and plan each day ahead.
Parents and guardians, please ensure you participate in your child’s education. Your presence and engagement can have a positive impact on your child’s learning.
Happy Planning and Prosperous School Year Ahead!